Installer – Tier 1 Technician – Kennesaw, Georgia
Technician who can install and service cameras, access control, radios, equipment & systems (IoT technology hardware & wireless networking software) in and on building structures and on utility poles utilizing a bucket truck. Reliable, smart, hardworking, long-term career-oriented person that has the skills, abilities and qualities listed below. Prior IP Camera, Access Control & VMS experience a plus. Advancement to a Lead Technician is the next transition path with a path to management available.
- Equipment Installation, Service and Troubleshooting. Preparing and installing cable pathways and spaces. This includes installing systems and system components, cable drops; establish pathways and install cable support systems and electrical conduit raceways, j-hooks and various hardware; terminate & manage cables; mount cameras and hardware; mount rack mount servers and network switches; configure networks; install wireless radios and wireless hardware; fastening hardware to various surfaces, hammer drilling, assembling electronic components. Install Magnetic Locks, door strikes, position switches and other Access Control hardware.
- Manage assigned tickets in our Ticket Management Software, compiling detailed notes, pictures and documentation.
- Performing field & bench verification & testing, performing field & remote service diagnostics & resolving technical service Issues.
- Basic understanding of IP NAT and computer networking principles and fundamentals and be able to troubleshoot and resolve basic network problems and issues.
- Configure IP Devices such as IP Cameras, NVR’s, Access Control Devices and Panels, Analytics, and other hardware devices.
- Installing and terminating sub-level devices to include power, power disconnects, power supplies and proper grounding.
- Reading and understanding component level schematic diagrams, blueprints & design plans for systems, equipment, and devices.
- Troubleshooting and isolating problems at both a local and global level.
- Repairing and maintaining electronic security system equipment.
- Able to clearly identify and communicate project concerns to management, perform red lines and job updates.
Starting Salary: $23.50 /hour
- Paid Training & Industry Certifications
- Medical, Vision, Dental, Life & Disability Insurance, 401k, Profit Sharing, Paid Training and Certifications.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Must pass pre-employment background check and Drug Screening. Subject to random drug screening
- This position dispatches from Kennesaw, Georgia and requires 30-40% overnight regional Travel Monday – Friday only with $65 per diem (Meals & Incidentals-M&IE) And lodging provided.
- Work at various heights and can climb and maintain balance on scaffolds, aerial lifts, catwalks and all types of ladders.
- Walk, climb, lift, squat, crawl, kneel, push, pull and reach overhead on a routine and repetitive basis.
- Possess good vision (may be corrected vision), the ability to see in color, and the ability to hear and communicate in English.
- May use a standard ladder without exceeding the weight limit while carrying tools.
- Lift at least 100 pounds at one time and 60 pounds for an extended period of time.
- Relocate a twelve-foot stepladder without assistance.
- Computer skills and IT network skills.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Must have reliable transportation and be willing to work on projects anywhere and in any weather.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and good driving record. This position may require ongoing or intermittent use of a company vehicle. Selected candidates must provide a Motor Vehicle Report in accordance with our policy.
- Must consistently report to work on time, work well with other employees to accomplish a common goal, and maintain a safe work environment.
- Must be committed to excellence and generate a high quality of work.
- The selected candidate will be someone who has very strong communication and organizational skills and is self-motivated with a very strong work ethic. Always present yourself in a clean and professional manner, with a primary focus on customer satisfaction, quality and safety.
- Work near moving mechanical parts, on Ladders, Bucket Trucks and Aerial Lifts, and in Outdoor Weather Conditions.
- Must be able to work effectively with various hand tools.
- Must wear a hard hat and safety glasses at all times while on the job site.
- Must wear OSHA approved boot length pants and a shirt that covers the shoulders by seven (7) inches. These are not provided by the Company.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Full-Time Mon-Fri Hours vary between 6am-6pm. Some weekday travel.