Source: SDS Announces New Vertical Installations at ASIS International – American Security Today
As senior corporate security industry executives gather for the 2017 ASIS Annual Seminar and Exhibits at the Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center, Shooter Detection Systems (SDS), a competitor in the 2017 ‘ASTORS’ Homeland Security Awards Program, announces additional new vertical installations for the Guardian Indoor Active Shooter Detection System.
SDS has the only DHS SAFETY Act Certified gunshot detection solution and remains the only company to have proven technology integrations in use at customer sites in airports, schools, Fortune 500 corporations, municipal buildings, court systems, major utilities, luxury mixed-use property management sites, and many other government and private buildings.
(Guardian Indoor Active Shooter Detection System acts on real-time gunshot detection and alerting protocols, reducing response time and saving lives in the event of an active shooter incident. Courtesy of Shooter Detection Systems and YouTube)
Adding to the list of Guardian adopters, SDS today announced three new vertical installations, further underscoring that the active shooter threat continues to be a top security concern:
- One of the world’s largest aquariums housing more than 100,000 animals and receiving 2.5 million visitors a year recently chose the Guardian System to protect high traffic areas of the facility.
- The Guardian System is integrated into the customer’s Avigilon Video Management System to provide instant live surveillance and recorded incidents based on gunshot detection alerts.
- A major automobile manufacturer recently selected the Guardian System to protect their massive manufacturing plant equaling the size of almost 170 football fields under one roof.
- The customer’s concern was that the loud banging, sparks and flashes inherent in metal manufacturing would trigger false alerts.
- After thorough review of the Guardian technology, the customer selected Guardian for its zero-false alert history, sub 1 second alerting and integration capabilities.
- The customer is using email integration to trigger their assembly line system to produce audible voice messages throughout the plant in nine (9) different languages as well as an audible siren that is unique to an active shooter event.
- The customer also placed a client system in the local Police Department so first responders will receive automated alerts and see the location and progress of an active shooter and be able to respond immediately and to the right location of this large facility.
- A U.S. professional sports association is working on plans to implement the Guardian Indoor Active Shooter Detection System in their corporate offices to ensure business continuity if faced with an active shooter incident at one of these locations.
- The association also has plans for expansion to global locations to protect sports franchise offices, stadiums, and locker rooms with gunshot detection From Shooter Detection Systems.
Shooter Detection in 2017 ‘ASTORS’ Homeland Security Awards Program
The 2017 ‘ASTORS’ Homeland Security Awards Program, is organized to recognize the most distinguished vendors of Physical, IT, Port Security, Law Enforcement, First Responders, (Fire, EMT, Military, Support Services Vets, SBA, Medical Tech) as well as the Federal, State, County and Municipal Government Agencies – to acknowledge their outstanding efforts to ‘Keep our Nation Secure, One City at a Time.’
As an ‘ASTORS’ competitor, the Guardian Indoor Active Shooter Detection System will be competing against the Industry’s Leading Providers of Gunshot Detection Solutions.