Installer Technician – Birmingham Alabama
This is an Entry Level position of Installer Technician – ON THE JOB TRAINING for the right candidate – In this role you will install and service cameras, access control, radios, equipment & systems (IoT technology hardware & wireless networking software) in and on building structures and on utility poles utilizing a bucket truck.
We provide training for Reliable, smart, hardworking, long-term career-oriented people that has the abilities and qualities listed below. Prior IP Camera, Access Control & VMS experience a plus but NOT required. Advancement to a higher Tier Technician is the next transition path with a path to management available.
- Equipment Installation, Service and Troubleshooting. Preparing and installing cable pathways and spaces. This includes installing systems and system components, cable drops; establish pathways and install cable support systems and electrical conduit raceways, j-hooks and various hardware; terminate & manage cables; mount cameras and hardware; mount rack mount servers and network switches; configure networks; install wireless radios and wireless hardware; fastening hardware to various surfaces, hammer drilling, assembling electronic components.
- Manage assigned tickets in our Ticket Management Software, compiling detailed notes, pictures and documentation.
- Performing field & bench verification & testing, performing field & remote service diagnostics & resolving technical service Issues.
- Troubleshooting and isolating problems at both a local and global level.
- Repairing and maintaining electronic security system equipment.
- Able to clearly identify and communicate project concerns to management, perform red lines and job updates.
- Competitive Salary based on Experience
- Paid Training & Industry Certifications
- Medical, Vision, Dental, Life & Disability Insurance, 401k, Profit Sharing, Paid Training and Certifications.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Must pass pre-employment background check and Drug Screening. Subject to random drug screening
- Be mechanical with good hand eye coordination, able to work effectively with various hand tools and possess an eagerness to learn and advance in roles and pay and the ability to learn a trade are the main requirements!
- This position dispatches from Birmingham, Alabama and requires some statewide overnight travel with transportation, lodging & $65 per diem (Meals & Incidentals-M&IE) provided for service calls as needed. – No Long Travel projects, only short trip weekday travel as required.
- Candidate must possess very strong communication and organizational skills, is self-motivated with a very strong work ethic. Must always present yourself in a clean and professional manner, with a primary focus on customer satisfaction, quality and safety. Must be reliable, on time and efficient and work well with other employees to accomplish a common goal, and maintain a safe work environment.
- Must be committed to excellence and generate a high quality of work.
- Have good computer skills and desire to learn IT networking.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and good driving record. This position may require ongoing or intermittent use of a company vehicle. Selected candidates must provide a Motor Vehicle Report in accordance with our policy. Must pass Criminal Background and Drug Screening.
- Work near moving mechanical parts, on Ladders, Bucket Trucks and Aerial Lifts, and all types of ladders, and in Outdoor Weather Conditions.
- Walk, climb, lift, squat, crawl, kneel, push, pull and reach overhead on a routine and repetitive basis.
- Possess good vision (may be corrected vision), the ability to see in color, and the ability to hear and communicate in English.
- Lift at least 100 pounds at one time and 60 pounds for an extended period of time.
- Must wear a hard hat and safety glasses at all times while on the job site.
- Must wear OSHA approved boot length pants and a shirt that covers the shoulders by seven (7) inches. These are not provided by the Company.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Full-Time Mon-Fri Hours vary between 6am-6pm. Some weekday travel.
"*" indicates required fields